Sunday, March 2

Nuns And Sunflowers

Nuns And Sunflowers
(My tribute to Fellini.)
 
A long afternoon spent
in a field of ripe sunflowers
my faded picnic blanket a magic carpet.
The ultraviolet rays sing a warm lullaby
my hands stop worrying
at the worn threads of my mind.
Goldenrod heads gently nodding above me
to and fro in blissful agreement
nature doing Fellini proud; (or is it just me?)
As the day settles into the heat
the visions fade but before the spell is broken
I see myself surrounded by nun’s in old habits
collecting seeds and planting more sunflowers
and I am not alone.
My last thought of course
like a hummingbird’s sweet kiss
always settles on you.

© Rebekka Sanchez 2014

2 comments:

  1. I feel nun's silent and stable love to nature and people in this poem. Sunflowers and hummingbird's tweeting may be her inner passion.
    I think it is very good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I don't know if you've ever seen any of Fellini's movies but they have nuns in them and were very artsy.

      Delete

Comments are deeply appreciated and read eagerly by this poet. Thanx so much for stopping by!