Thursday, October 3

Morning

13 - 1

Morning

I revive myself from an idyllic slumber
Into blinding light I am born again
Indecently brought back to my senses
I prop myself up and brush away the cobwebs
My dreams disperse like smoke from an expired candle
The dream journal gathers dust on the night stand.

Each day I’m drawn closer to mortality
Only to survive the small deaths each night
To awaken and coax myself into yet another day
The flesh resists while the head argues motivation
And I get up regardless-it’s morning.

10/3/13

Artwork by: Karen guyette, follow her on G+.

4 comments:

  1. Bekkie, loved this and your Voice... those morning cobwebs some days for me at 5am take some brushing!.... But once awake always glad to get up and start my day....
    Wishing you a great weekend... Love and Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice surprise to see you here again! I am glad you enjoyed my first attempts at the Spoken Word. You are one brave friend! Tee hee! You have a wonderful weekend and see you soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this one... "Only to survive the small deaths each night..." really good, Bekkie. And, the voice accompaniment works well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Letitia I am really enjoying writing right now and am eager for the prompts. This one I just wrote on my own and found the image online.

      Delete

Comments are deeply appreciated and read eagerly by this poet. Thanx so much for stopping by!