Sunday, September 22

Wings Of A Dream

Santos, Cesar The Moth and The Lamp
Wings Of A Dream

Standing on a cold floor
red tile in a dirty room
I stand before a portal
an open stained glass window.
I was wearing my fairy best
contemplating green paper wings
and the invitation to fly away
extended by the Harvest Moon.

In my pompom slippers
the moon was beckoning me.
I saw a vine above my head
I embraced it fully to my bosom
and entered on the wings of a dream.
Leaving one slipper behind.

Rebecca Del Sanchez © 2013

Magpie Tales

14 comments:

  1. That's a scary tick-tock sound you have on your blog! I thought my computer was about to explode! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry! Most people like it, it's the clock at the bottom of my webpage that says Thanx. It also chimes like an old clock. Thank you for reading my poem! Lol!

      Delete
  2. Thought-provoking; well written...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading your opinion means a lot to me!

      Delete
  3. I really liked the lines: "Contemplating green paper wings / And the invitation to fly away". You set the scene nicely in a dreamscape mood. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend! I am really starting to have fun now. :^)

      Delete
  4. A lovely poem, Bekkie. I like the last line, leaving one slipper behind, as a foot in both worlds..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sharon I'm glad you enjoyed it, thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Something so elegant about this winged dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much I am so happy you like it!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I am so glad you liked it! I enjoyed your offering also. I look forward to the next one!

      Delete
  7. Can't resist that invitation!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are deeply appreciated and read eagerly by this poet. Thanx so much for stopping by!