Monday, September 23

Beauty And The Beast

Beauty And The Beast

The dawn of another day is relinquished from the darkness
Morning sunlight filtering through bent and busted blinds
It falls gently on my swollen face as I lay broken on the floor
Watching dust particles swirl through the golden light with one eye
A whisky bottle whizzes in front of me shattering the idyllic daydream
Of another morning long ago when I married a prince
Crimson stains add to the macabre masterpiece of the trailer’s shag carpet
After days like this he says I never looked so beautiful!

9/23/13

 photo 936876.gif

Show Offs-Music Monday, 9/23/13. Number 13

This was written while listening to this music prompt. I am not sure why it went this way but sometimes it just does. Please try the music with it although the piece stands without it. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds a bit sadomasochistic to me... vivid imagery though! It does work with the music. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what happened with the pretty music but this is what I got out of it. Lol! I never know even if I think I know. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. That a very clear and detailed picture almost like I was there experiencing it while I read. Very well written

    In love and light
    Cyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for reading and commenting! You made my day!

      Delete

Comments are deeply appreciated and read eagerly by this poet. Thanx so much for stopping by!